Deep Fried Mac & Cheese
These are one of my favourite bar snacks and EVERY sports bar should have them.
Yield: 1 1/2 Sheet Pans
2 pounds of left over Mac & Cheese
1 1/2 cups Flour
3 Tbsp Creole Seasoning
1 Tbsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Milk
5 cups Panko
1. Using #2 scoop (or whatever desired size) scoop mac & cheese into small ball and place on silpat. Freeze over night.
2. Mix flour with creole seasoning and salt and set into shallow bowl. (I like using pie tins.)
3. Whisk milk and milk and set into a bowl.
4. Place panko into shallow bowl. (Pie tin.) Arrange flour, egg wash, panko and sheet pan.
5. Pre-heat fryer 350F. Dredge frozen balls into flour and lightly tap excess. Drop into egg wash and roll in panko. Place onto prepared silpat. I like to work in portions and throw the finished balls into the freezer.
6. Fry for 2-3 minutes until desired color. Serve immediately.